Black Forest Pack Axe
- The Black Forest Pack Axe is compact, lightweight, and easy to carry while trekking through the wilderness. It is beautifully crafted with a traditional wide bit German woodworker blade.
- The wide blade makes this axe exceptionally well suited for cutting work, and its compact size makes it a highly versatile and dependable packing tool. While this axe is most efficient at cutting, it will handle the splitting work required by your wilderness adventure.
Comes with our standard top grain cowhide 6-7oz leather adjustable sheath or optional Deluxe full head leather sheath.
Blade Width:105mm | Head Weight:700g | Gross Weight:900g | Handle:50cm
• C50 high grade carbon steel
• Open die drop forged by hand, heat treated, and oil-hardened
• Approximately 53-56HRC (Rockwell)
• Hand ground and sharpened blade
• Stamped with 'Helko' crown mark
• Crafted from Grade 'A' American hickory
• Individually selected for grain orientation and density
• Hand finished with boiled linseed oil
• Traditionally hung using hardwood wedge and round steel security ring
View full product details